Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Fave Hotel Seminyak in Bali, Indonesia

(SHE)

Half a year later, I am still missing Bali.

It has been six months since we flew to the said Indonesian island to welcome New Year there, and it had been such a lovely vacation that to this day, I still find myself reminiscing about it. So allow me to do a little throwback post and write about the hotel where we stayed: Fave Hotel in Seminyak.


It was our friend Rocel who arranged the accommodations for our Bali trip. Michael and I aren’t very choosy about hotels, so long as Sloan would be able to sleep comfortably and there’d be a decent bathroom. We weren’t expecting much, but when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to see that Fave Hotel was a lovely place – no frills but it has all you need.

For starters, the strong wi-fi connection. I have to say I was very impressed with how fast the connection was. I'm sure this one matters to a lot of people lol.

Also, cozy beds. The room wasn’t that big, but it didn’t feel cramped at all. We were able to sleep comfortably. Online reviews saying that noise easily makes its way to the rooms initially had me worried. but all throughout the trip, we weren’t bothered by the music coming from the bars that surround the hotel. Of course, there were fireworks during New Year’s eve, but it didn’t last very long. My theory is that people were very eager to party that they didn’t bother very long with the fireworks. LOL.


We weren't able top request for a room with a king or queen-sized bed though. That table in between is attached to the wall we so couldn't pull the beds close either. Maliit na bagay, Mike and I just took turns sleeping beside Sloan.  


Fave Hotel also has a pool that Sloan maximized throughout our stay. It’s not very big but the size wasn't an issue, considering how not a lot of people use it and we often had it all to ourselves.



But we also walked to Gado-gado beach, which is the beach nearest Fave Hotel. It's actually quite a long walk, but we didn't mind. It was nice seeing the restaurants, souvenir stalls, and quaint shops that surround the area. 


The best thing about Fave Hotel though would have to be the customer service.  I'd have say it was superb. Everybody was just warm and pleasant. They'd greet guests with a smile every time, and would eagerly accommodate inquiries and requests the best they can.

We would definitely stay in Fave Hotel again next time we're in Bali. The good news is that my sister will soon be moving there from Jakarta, and so we'd have more reasons to go. And I'm definitely looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment